ESMR™ – EXTRACORPOREAL SHOCKWAVE FOR MYOCARDIAL REVASCULARIZATION
What is ESMR Therapy?
The ESMR therapy is a non-invasive therapy approach using Extracorporeal Shockwave technology for Myocardial Revascularization. Ischemic myocardial areas no longer accessible by conventional revascularizationtherapies could be treated with the Cardiospec ESMR therapy to relieve symptoms resulted from the myocardial ischemia. The treatment is performed using a shock wave generator that is designed to address the unique clinical-anatomical requirements of the chest cavity.
Optimal Cardiac Revascularization
Patients with advanced Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) frequently have recurrent angina. Surgical and interventional options for these patients typically have been exhausted or will result in only partial revascularization. The Cardiospec ESMR therapy offers new hope for these patients and provides therapy which complement existing treatment procedures. A cardiac ultrasound imaging system is used to locate the treatment area and to map the exact position and extent of the ischemic zone. Shock waves are then delivered via the anatomical acoustic window to the treatment area under ECG R-wave gating. Several treatment sessions are required to obtain optimal results.
Shockwave therapy is the optimal therapy approach for Ischemic Heart Disease. 6 Months Post Baseline demonstrates:
- Reduction in CCS Angina class
- Increase in maximal exercise capacity
- Increase in exercise tolerance time
- Improvement in physical limitation
- Improvement in anginal frequency
- Improvement in myocardial perfusion
- Reduction in nitrates intake per week
- No acute or long term side effects were reported
Treating The Heart of The Matter
Medispec’s novel technology for Cardiology provides a unique therapy for unsolved medical conditions that complement existing treatments. This echocardiography-based therapy enables a non-invasive solution with short treatment time and no side effects. The ESMR technology has proven to be safe in more than 60 medical centers worldwide.
- Quick and safe non-invasive treatment for no-option patients with myocardial ischemia
- Large focal zone – quick treatment time and total transmural coverage
- Precision of localization system – high success rates and safety of treatment
- Broad echocardiography compatibility
- Reduces symptomatic manifestation
- Improves patient’s quality of life